Friday, November 1, 2013

We Enter At The Close

The hills have been plowed under;
 rich, chocolate soil thick as velvet exposed to the warmth of the sun.
I climb down and wrap myself in its deep comfort.

I drink the dew;
the taste of spiderwebs and old leaves crisp on my tongue,
like an aged cider of the fall's dwindling days.

Content, I snuggle beneath the loamy layers
 and listen for the deep thump thump thump of nature's heartbeat,
slowing for its season of rest.

Together we await our rebirth,
watching as fireflies dance their last amongst the stars;
ancient mariners adrift in the sea of approaching twilight

With the spring you will find us,
green, growing, stretching towards the heavens
with nothing but hope and possibilities before us.


image courtesy of lovethispic.com

2 comments: