Sunday, November 24, 2013

Ah, words

I stumbled across this poem/rambling thing I wrote back in 2009 as a challenge to one of Jason's posts.  He had a long list of words and asked people to comment with their own bit of whimsy based off of the things he had listed... the only rule was that you couldn't use a word if someone else had already chosen it.

Its silly, but I still like what I wrote, so I thought I would include it here, seeing as how it uses one of the words I've drawn already (muffled).  The words in all caps are ones from his list....  hope you enjoy.  You can find the original challenge here


I stood PARALYSED in the AUTUMN FOREST as a BUTTERFLY CRISS CROSSED my path. His WILD SHIMMERING wings and WILLOWY smile were nothing compared to the BREATHTAKING DANCE he performed in the air before me. A MUSICAL rustling of leaves overhead played in accompanyment, and my eyes SHINING BRIGHTLY drank in his ASTONISHING beauty BELOW AND BENEATH the SHADOWY evening sky. I gazed for what seemed ages until a puff of wind sent him drifting off INTO THE DARKNESS onto paths unknown. The song grew MUFFLED in my ears, leaving me in VAST silence, WONDERING if I would ever find such MAGIC again.

No comments:

Post a Comment